Friday, April 10, 2009

A whole lot of icing +

I am happy to eat cake without icing. A friend of mine would eat only the icing and leave the cake!

This morning I was reading about when Jesus sent the 70 out to heal the sick, exorcise evil spirits and minister in the villages. They came back so excited about the unbelievable things that had happened. He curbed their enthusiasm saying, "...do not rejoice in this..., but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven." Like saying, anything more is icing on the cake.

Jesus would have us never forget the unspeakable gift of sins forgiven and eternity in heaven.

However, He did in private acknowledge also the awesome privilege they had been given to minister to others: "Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see; for I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see what you see, and have not seen it, and to hear what you hear, and have not heard it."

Then I realized, looking back on my life, that I have been unspeakably privileged with a whole lot of icing!

As a symbol of all the extras God gives us, I decided to pass on this giveaway opportunity I came across, Shelia's giveaway. You will love her handiwork and her heartfelt words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!