Saturday, December 20, 2008

Photo Tag





I've been tagged again. This time it is a photo tag. I will include two photos because a strange thing happened which I will explain later.

First, this photo of my young friend from Xocenpich, Yucatán, México, Mary.


I have been to that little village on four different occasions. The first time when I was teaching at The King's Academy and I went with the group of highschoolers for their Servant Safari week. That was when I met my 'Mayan twin', my alma gemela, Femia. (Learn more about her in my other blog.)

The lady who cooked for the group mentioned that she ran every morning at 6 a.m. I was hoping for someone to run with! So that's how my friendship with Herlinda began. Mary is her daughter.

I became aware of her childhood dream--go to college and work in tourism. It wasn't till a couple years later that Femia asked if I would be able to contribute even if it were only half of her college tuition, get this, $80 a month! It was a no-brainer. Even so, I wanted to make sure Mike was with me on this. He has been, even through uncertain times.

So there is Mary: standing in front of her university, excelling in her studies, at the top of the class, willing to make whatever sacrifices are necessary to achieve her dream! I hope to attend her graduation summer of 2010.

OK, so that was the fourth photo that showed up in folder four the first time I checked. That was before Mike installed an amazing, unbelievable free photo organizer that allows you to view, group and regroup, etc., etc. all your gazillion files.

So now the 4th in the 4th is another one, seems they have been reorganized. It's all well worth it, believe me. And this photo, tho' not the greatest quality, also tells a story.



It was taken during the FIRST simulcast, the first Saturday in January, comin' up soon! Mike dedicates almost all his spare time and energy to mentor the Muncie robotics team. That event is

most exciting--the announcement of the game and guidelines for building the robot. They also get their kit of parts and begin the build season, six very intense weeks till shipping day, same all over the world!
And that is when I become a robotics-widow.

Now for the game.
The rules of the Picture Tag game:
1. Go to the 4th folder in your computer where you store your pictures.
2. Pick the 4th picture in that folder.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag 4 people to do the same.

I tag my brother Lynn, a new blogger!
And Brittany, a former student who is out wandering the world.
Dani, another former student, who is done wandering for awhile.
Finally, fourthly, not leastly, Jenna, another FSNF who wandered down to Mexico with me and loved it so much she went back twice!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your pics and accompanying stories! I'll have to do the photo tag when I get back from my trip to China. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!