Sunday, November 15, 2015

2015 Week 46: Busyness and birthday party

Beautiful weather prevails, although we had a couple very windy days and some rain.
I came home one day and the neighbor's car was parked in the middle of the lane. I couldn't see the problem from where I was parked waiting at the top of the lane. She came up to tell me there was a fallen tree. Her son arrived from school shortly after, three cars waiting to get through, and trying to solve the problem. Fortunately Mike was home and came to our rescue with a chainsaw.  Great opportunity for a photo! Several days went by without any photos other than this one.


Our little walking group agreed not to go out one morning because it was too cold and another  day because it was too windy. Excuses?

Thursday we had a delightful little visitor. While her mom helped with some cleaning tasks, Rebecca kept me company. I was at my desk and she sat at the child desk, although not for very long, her attention span is still quite short.



Monday through Thursday my schedule is very tight. Fridays feel a bit more relaxed and include meeting with writer friends and coffee with a neighbor at Common Grounds in a neighboring town, always at our favorite table. This time I chose hot chocolate.



Michael has been intensely busy. I think he's making up for the many months that he was so limited due to pain. We are so grateful that he continues to be pain free. He gets out on his bike almost daily. Surely exercise is helping as well.

Saturday, I had fun shopping at local sales and craft fairs--great shopping, and helped community friends.
I was fascinated by the fall decor of the first stop--every nook and crannie was taken up with seasonal decorations. The hostess' son had painted a grapevine over the front door, complete with little ants crawling on the stem.


Mid afternoon, Mike was home after a workday with other volunteers, cleaning up the brush around the lake at the Lion's Park, in preparation for the trailway coming through our town.

Zion's birthday is so close to Thanksgiving that it was a better idea to have his party early. We joined that fun at the YMCA where the children were playing games, the littlest ones were running around, and some ventured to try the climbing wall.

Jude ran up to me and in his special deep raspy voice he said, "Grandma Rita (as he caressed my chin), rock climbing, you can do it." I was not convinced.


Kristie and others were successful.




While the children played, the adults were able to visit.

Kriste, her mother and sister

What about the birthday boy? He seemed to be having a great time--lots of games, and then party food and gifts.


I couldn't find an appropriate card, so I printed up one of his funny photos. He laughed remembering the occasion, and loved it.


Little Rebecca had us in stitches with her aggressive kissing! She doesn't have other little ones to play with. This was probably the first time that she was around children her size. She was so excited, just wanted to hug and kiss them, on the mouth! What's she been watching?!


Another week has begun. Hope it is a good one for each and every one of you, my readers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that Rebecca - such a smoochie cutie! Kristie & her kin are very lovely... And I agree that you could definitely have climbed that wall- only hindered by your height :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!