Monday, October 13, 2014

2014 Week 41: Fun Times

Michael found what he is able to do without bringing on the hip/leg pain. He had a very productive week, spending hours at the wheel throwing honey pots, yarn bowls, and chicken roasters.




I stay well occupied writing, teaching, helping. This was the view from the classroom window when I arrived. You can see highway I-69.


And here is the building as I was leaving later.


The moon was beautiful this week. Mike got up before dawn to watch the lunar eclipse. I did not.


I stopped to visit Kayla and Rebecca on my way to Muncie, and finally got to hold mi preciosa.


Kristie had an opportunity to help out with a program Malachi attended, so I stayed with the boys for a few hours Wednesday evening. We had fun playing together, reading books, listening to music.
And it happened to be Jude's second birthday!



Thursday was a busy day catching up and preparing to be gone Friday.
Mike had made plans for us to go experience the ArtPrize event in Grand Rapids. The weather was perfect and we had a wonderful day admiring a variety of art from the 1500 contributions to the event as well as touring the Frederik Meijers Sculpture Park. We were able to take the tour tram.
Later, back in town, we walked around until it became too much for Michael. The city was abuzz with excitement as the event was coming to a close and the winners were about to be announced.
Our focus was mostly on 3D pieces, and I will try to post some of the many photos throughout the week. However, I was drawn to this painting. Can you see a fourth figure?



Saturday afternoon most of the family came together to celebrate Kayla's birthday.


So we got to visit again with Rebecca!




Conversating with uncle Skye

Jude was more interested in the puppy.



Intense play
Another fun week is over, a new one begun.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got to spend some time with the little one! I hate that Michael has limitations, but I'm glad that he's figured them out so that he has less pain.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!