Thursday, August 5, 2010

Zorionak, Edurne!

¡Feliz cumpleaños!

Our lovely hostess in Basque Country completes another year of life today (the literal meaning of cumpleaños). So, I would like to wish her a very happy day and at the same time introduce her to all you bloggy friends.


We were privileged to visit her at the clinic where she works as a general practitioner.

"Wednesdays at noon I visit home-bound patients, but today I did not have any home visits scheduled, 
so there was a one-hour open slot."


All other days and times she sees patients in the clinic for a ten-minute consultation with the help of her nurse.

Laurie attempts the two-kiss-customary-introductory greeting.

Dane pretends to be a patient.

"That's such a cute pen," says Laurie.
So Edurne gave it to her.
Lindo recuerdo.

Edurne's role at meal time is to serve the food.

The men cook, the women serve and clean up.

There is much more I could say about this delightful lady, and probably many more photos, but for now this will suffice as I am already late with this greeting due to the six-hour time difference.

Happy Birthday, Edurne!

3 comments:

  1. what a nice tribute... Happy Birthday! those shrimp look AWESOME, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happens if a consultation takes longer than 10 minutes? The food looks great! I like to cook so wouldn't want to stop, but Ivan could totally take over the serving and cleaning up. LOL
    In parts of Argentina they do the double kiss. I'm glad we only have to deal with one. I'm used to it, but still not altogether comfortable kissing everyone -- it just seems awkward in places like the doctor's office...but it's the norm so I roll with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so neat that you have been able to make so many friends all over the world.
    I miss the hugs and kisses. We just don't do it here in the States.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!