Sunday, August 1, 2010

2010 Week 31

Last Sunday we said goodbye to our Basque teens. The flag was on our friends' mailbox--a symbolic farewell.


Monday and Tuesday I started the day working in the flower garden. Can you believe it, these impatiens came up on their own this year.

Mike and Skye worked at the Red Barn this week.


Wednesday all of us spent the morning walking under heavy laden branches, helping a friend pick peaches.


What do you think of this big-nosed peach?


And Wednesday was the last day to adjust Kayla's expander.


July 29th we have two family birthdays--Mother's 89th and Skye's 13th.
So Thursday I traveled up to Warsaw for a small celebration at Grace Village and Friday we had a cookout here for the new teenager.


An unplanned funny thing happened--the last candle was a trick one!

The cousin pals enjoying the birthday family time.

Today we sent two of them off to camp. Before leaving they gave us an idea of their theme-night outfits.

Willy Wonka and his Oompa Loompa

8 comments:

  1. I know you are sad to see the Basque teens go.

    I missed picking peaches this year. the season was early because it was so hot and I was gone for most of it..so sad!!!

    I do not miss my kids expander days...ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the costumes, hope the kids have fun at camp!

    89! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of the peach laden trees...so very cool!

    And fun costumes..something my boys would love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Kayla let you take that photo of her. What a good sport she is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love in when plants come back without any help from us! So pretty too :)
    The peaches look so yummy -- even the funny Jimmy Durante peach. lol
    Poor Kayla, glad the torture part is over.
    Just loved the series of photos of mom blowing out the candles! :) How'd she like the iPad? Is she using it?
    Crazy that Skye is already a teen! Time really goes by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what beautiful peaches!

    the cousins appear to be having a great time!

    i haven't visited your blog in a while...nice to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you will miss your special guest. What a blessing you were to her!
    I am salivating thinking of those peaches. That big nose one is funny!!
    All of the birthdays look fun...those naughty trick candles.
    Have a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impatiens are one of my favorites.

    That peach!!! Ewwwww!!!

    Great reaction from your mom over the candle! Looks like it was a fun party.

    Love that Oopma Loompa! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!