Sunday, May 23, 2010

2010 Week 21: Birthday Week

The celebration began at Monday Night Meal. Chef-son had a gift waiting in the center of the big table with a humorous greeting.


And after the meal a cake with only 18 candles and the group crazy song, of course.


Tuesday the 18th, I started the day with some of that fine Alliance World coffee.


Wednesday, Skye found a baby chipmunk and revived it with some peanutbutter on a toothpick.


Sadly, he escaped in their house the next day and was later found dead.

Thursday Sam brought another birthday gift--a book I had asked for, also coffee related, quite a fascinating story by the one who started Alliance World Coffees. I happen to have a photo from a couple weeks ago of author and book.


Friday we went to Elijah's pre-school graduation--a sweet program and a fun family time.
The children sang and then in pairs quoted a Bible verse. His was Genesis 9:13.


Meanwhile, Auntie Leah and Uncle Jimmy enjoying (?) baby Zion.


Today, I got to enjoy his sweet kisses...

 



 

...when he wasn't watching Elijah play T-Ball.



11 comments:

  1. yea for birthdays! glad yours was so great!

    when I was young, my brother and I found 3 baby chipmunks. we nursed them to health and kept them as pets for a while. We ended up releasing them but one would come back every year for about 3 years. great picture.

    I need to look up this coffee.

    love those baby kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! My husband had his birthday this week too. :)

    aaww LOVE the baby kisses!

    My kids all used to play t-ball. It was so much fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! 18...that's a big one. :)

    We're not quite in the t-ball world yet...mercifully. Wow...the baby is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet kisses are wonderful shots. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy birthday! Glad you had a great week! And preschool graduations are so cute...and gotta love baby kisses! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is just nothing better than a baby kiss!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW - thank you so much for the updates on Grandpa... We really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed your birthday!!! I'm so sorry :-( Glad you had a great week though -- loved all the photos, espec. the one of you getting kisses from Zion (too precious!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun way to celebrate your birthday (the 18)! Nothing better than those baby kisses!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the whole "18th birthday" thing. I may have to take on that idea for myself. I would get to be "17." Yes!!

    So sad about the chipmunks. Those have to be among the cutest animals in the world. Seriously. I freak out with excitement when we spot one in our flower beds!

    You and your family are sweet. But you already knew that, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!