Saturday, December 27, 2008

My true love gave to me...


...a very fancy model Yamaha keyboard built into our old oak organ furniture after taking out the custom-built-in electric piano which had not worked for years!
Notice on the left, the Santa train jumped to a higher track, probably on its way back to the North Pole till next Christmas; and on the right another of true love's projects--a piece of pottery. He is really enjoying this new hobby and that is a mate he made for me (not glazed yet).
You are not going to believe this next story, how I treated true love today.
We went to take Diane (Mike's little sister) back home after her four days with us over Christmas. Afterwards he dropped me off at Goody's to exchange some items while he went to Lowe's. Over an hour later, feeling hungry, bored and abandoned, I phoned him and yelled at him. And he was only giving me more time in a favorite shopping place and looking for more gifts for me. How could I?
[None of you out there have ever done anything like that, right?]
Well, back to the piano: the goal is to play every day, at least 15 minutes a day, but I don't think I'll be able to limit myself to such a short time!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... that is beautiful.... how thoughtful of Uncle Mike to do that for you... enjoy playing... I wish I knew how to play... maybe someday I will learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why only 15 minutes? Live it up! make it 17 minutes :-)
    Seriously, if I knew how to play and enjoyed it, I'd spend as much time as possible. It's a win/win situation. You enjoy making music, the others enjoy listening to it.
    Kudos to Mike for a very thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!